As easy as it sounds, it indeed is very simplified.
If you want to know about the hassle-free UK visa process just keep reading further.
We have made a beginner’s guide of 5 simple steps that will help you in your application for a UK visa.
Looking for international stay 5 reasons to help you with “To rent or not to rent furniture
UK Visa applications are processed within three weeks after the complete application form is submitted.
Step 1 – Check for Qualification
The first step is to check if you qualify for the student visa or not. As a student before applying for the UK visa application process, you must have:
- A confirmed place (any educational institute), school, university, or college where you wish to study. It is known as a ‘confirmation of acceptance for studies’ (CAS).
- You must have enough money (maintenance or funds) so that you can take care of your expenses during your stay of study.
Step 2 – Collect documents
- Valid passport or any other valid travel document
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the UK
Besides, few institutes may ask for the following documents during your UK visa application process as well:
- Income source or funds towards funding
- Consent of parents if the applicant is minor
The consent should be for visa application, living and care arrangements in the UK, travel to the UK.
- Valid ATAS certificate
- In case the applicant is under 18 years of age, proof of relationship with their parents or other guardians must be produced. (Birth or relationship certificate)
- Results of tuberculosis tests
- Consent from the financial sponsor if applicable
- Additional documents may be requested depending on the circumstances.
Step 3 – Apply online
|Register and create an account on UK official VISA website|
|Take a printout and sign it|
|Book an appointment with the help of an online appointment calendar at the visa application center|
|Check for email for confirmed registration (Application number) to complete your UK visa application process and to know details about further proceedings|
Step 4 – Pay the visa application fee
There are 3 ways to pay for your visa application fee while completing your UK visa application process
- Pay using the Demand draft of any Public or Private bank, the demand draft must be in favour of the ‘The British High Commission’.
- You can opt to pay at the visa application center at the time of submitting your application
- Pay online – You can pay your visa application fee online using a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.
Here is an amazing read on Top 12 side hustles for a student with the best payout !!
Step 5 – Visit the visa application center
You must adhere to the time given for the appointment at the visa application center to submit your application and facial photograph and fingerprints.
This is the most important part of your UK visa application process.
Listed below are UK Embassy and Consulates addresses-
|British High Commission New Delhi|
New Delhi 110021
|British Deputy High Commission Kolkata|
1A Ho Chi Minh Sarani
Kolkata 700071Bandra (East) 400 051
|British Deputy High Commission Mumbai|
C/32 G Block Bandra Kurla Complex,
Mumbai Bandra (East) 400 051
|British Deputy High Commission Chennai|
20 Anderson Road
Chennai 600 006
UK Point-based Visa System
Students should be informed that the UK Visa is a point-based visa system and it is essential for applicants to meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules and have 40 points in total.
Important tips to remember
|Keep checking about the latest UK visa application process from the official website of the UK government|
|Make sure to apply well enough before time. Usually, it takes about 3 weeks to receive the Tier 4 Student Visa. However, depending on the place you are applying from, you should start the visa application process 3 months in advance.|
|Your certificate of acceptance for studies (CAS) is the most important document. Make sure to keep it safe and handy before applying|
|Check for the license of the Institution you are planning to study|
|Look out for trained and experienced VISA assistance providers|