2020 Christmas celebration in London
I feel it in my fingers; I feel it in my toes
Christmas is all around me, and so the feeling grows …………….
The holiday season is up and around with Christmas looking us right in the eye. Are you still looking for accommodation to stay?
Worry no more we will give you the ultimate guide to find the best accommodation that will allow you to be a part of this grand festive season of Christmas celebration.
What to look for in your best accommodation
Amenities offered in private accommodation
|Barbecue area||Washer & Dryer|
|TV room||Common lounge area|
What should you consider before finalizing your Christmas celebration accommodation?
- Know your budget for rent. If money is a concern, choose wisely.
- Don’t forget to check the cost of Utilities.
- The Importance of Location
- Deposit amount.
- Check the Lease terms.
- Choose Roommates wisely.
Once in London do read our list of, Interesting Things To Do In London Under 10 Pound
What are the types of best accommodation options available abroad?
- Shared rooms: Students share a bathroom, kitchen, and common space
- Private rooms: Offer a personal study space and shared common kitchen and living room
- Studio flats: Offer complete privacy with a sleeping area, study space, bathroom, and kitchen
- Entire flat: Offers a bedroom, study space, en-suite bathroom, and wardrobe
Temporary accommodation options to be considered during the initial first days
Student can also opt for student dormitories or an apartment upon arriving also.
Temporary accommodation is very common amongst international students as it gives them a place to stay and finalise their accommodation as per their needs to see Christmas celebration.
- Cheap hotels
- Low-cost hostels
- Youth hostels
Activities you can attend in London for Christmas celebration in 2020
Biggest Christmas Tree: Trafalgar Square
Location: Trafalgar Square, Charing Cross, London UK
Entry Fee: None
Timings: 2-6 PM on weekdays, 4-8 PM on weekends
Best Midnight Mass: Westminster Abbey
Location: 20 Deans Yd, Westminster, London
Entry Fee: TBA
London: Fill Your Eyes With Christmas Lights
Famous Christmas Lights Locations: Kew Gardens, Seven Dials Christmas Lights, Marylebone, Regent Street, Kingston, Carnaby, and the Enchanted Woodland
The Carol Concert: Royal Albert Hall
Location: Kensington Gore, Kensington, London
Entry Fee: starting INR 20,000 onwards for four seats and private dining experience
The Winter Wonderland: Hyde Park:
Location: London, UK
Timings: 5 Am – 12 Am
The Hogwarts In The Snow
Location: Studio Tour Drive, Leavesden, London
Duration: 18th November 2019 to 28th January 2020
Famous Ice Skating Rinks: Somerset House, Natural History Museum, Alexandra Palace, Hyde Park Winter Wonderland, Tower of London, Winterville, and Hampton Court Palace
Shop till you drop
Best London Christmas markets: Winter Wonderland, London Bridge City Christmas Market, Southbank Centre, and Tate Modern Market
Best Christmas Party: Blues Kitchen:
- 111-113 Camden High St, Camden, London
- 134-146 Curtain Road, Shoreditch, London
- 40 Acre Lane, Brixton, London
Santa’s encounter with gifts
Popular Santa Grottos: Hyde Park Winter Wonderland, Father Christmas at Hamleys, and Duke of York Square
Keeping the festive mood alive, read how to have Fun in the UK with these 10 things
Ocxee’s Travel guide to Christmas celebration in London
- London’s weather could be quite harsh.
It will be winter there….remember to pack the adequate number of woolens so that you stay warm and comfortable.
- Be sure to get yourself a smartcard for smooth travel across the country during festivities.
You do not want to get stuck in purchasing tickets when your favourite show is being aired somewhere.
A smartcard helps you for travelling via bus, London Overground, tubes, TfL Rail, trams, DLR, Emirates airline, and river bus services in London.
- Make sure to be a part of winter Wonderland is a necessary experience for families, couples, friends, and solo travellers alike.
- Look out for places offering Christmas discounts and offers and make the most of your stay here.
- Go for a live performance at The Royal Opera House.
- Stroll and walk alongside River Thames.
- Go to the local market to have a feel of the city and its vibrant culture.
- Book your flight tickets and look for the best accommodation well in advance for more savings.